Tuesday, 4 May 2010

The Colours That You Bring

With one thing and another I've not had a lot of opportunity to paint lately. So today I thought I'd let rip with my watercolours in a really loose and colourful painting, something to get me going again without having to worry about getting bogged down with too much detail. This one's quite large at 23 x 15 inches. I've called it 'The Colours That You Bring' , a line from the Minnie Riperton song and it was quite refreshing to finish it in one day.

5 comments:

Lorna Storey said...

That is just sooooo beautiful. Cheered up my morning that has :o)

Pat said...

Beautiful!
Do you prefer painting large?

Kos Marton said...

That's gorgeous. As I've said before, the colours are stunning and I just love seahorses x

Tina Ashton said...

Oh Pete!!! I have fallen in love!! Is it for sale yet and if yes how much please?? Unframed, unmounted will do! ...Seriously! Tina :)

Peter Williams said...

Thanks all, for the lovely comments.

Pat, I do like to paint quite small sometimes, but I like the added drama of a larger painting and they do make more impact at exhibitions. So I tend to paint quite a few at the larger size (they are just the size of a full sheet of paper so not massive by some standards, but once mounted and framed......)